The National Testing Agency (NTA) has opened window for JEE Main 2020 registration from Sep 03 upto Sep 30, 2019
The NTA has released JEE Main information brochure and application form. Registration has started online, on jeemain.nic.in and jeemain.nta.nic.in. Last date to apply is September 30, 2019.
- JEE is a national level screening test conducted in order to offer admission into B.E, B.Tech, B.Plan and B.Arch programmes.
- Candidates who aspire to pursue UG engineering programmes in various renowned institutions like IIT’s, CFTI’s, NIT’s, have to qualify the test by securing minimum qualifying cut-off marks.
- The CBSE which formerly conducted the AIEEE announced in 2012 that JEE has replaced AIEEE and IIT-JEE.
- The JEE-Main, which replaces AIEEE, is for admission to the National Institutes of Technology (NITs), Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs), and some other colleges designated as "centrally funded technical institutes" (CFTIs)
- The JEE-Advanced, which replaces IIT-JEE, is for admission to the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs). Only the students selected in JEE Main are eligible for appearing in JEE Advanced.
- Under the National Testing Agency (NTA), now JEE Main test will be conducted twice in a year (January and April). Students will now be allowed to appear for either one or both the sessions, and only their best score will be considered final.
- JEE Mains 2020 January Session entrance test will be conducted from 6th to 11th January 2020. The April Session exam will be held from 3rd to 9th April 2020.
JEE Main 2020 will have 3 papers:-
Paper -3 (B.Planning )
Candidates may opt to appear for all three papers, or any two, or one paper, as per their choice. The medium of Question Paper shall be in English, Hindi and Gujarati.
Mode Of Exam & Paper-wise Subjects
|Paper-I (B.E./B.Tech)||Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics||Computer Based Test|
|Paper-II (B.Arch)||Mathematics, Aptitude Test and Drawing Test||Computer Based Test + Pen-and-paper based|
|Paper-III (B.Planning)||Mathematics, Aptitude Test and Planning Based Questions||Computer Based Test|
IMPORTANT DATES: JEE Main January Session 2020
Shift Timing for January 2020 JEE Main Papers
|Online submission of Application Form||03.09.2019 to 30.09.2019 (upto 11.50 P.M.)|
|Payment of fee (Only Online)||03.09.2019 to 01.10.2019 (through Credit card/Debit card/Net banking/UPI and PAYTM service upto 11.50 P.M.)|
|Correction in particulars||11.10.2019 to 17.10.2019 (upto 11.50 P.M.)|
|Availability of Admit card||From 06.12.2019|
|Dates of Examination||Between 06.01.2020 (Monday) to 11.01.2020 (Saturday)|
|Declaration of Result on NTA’s website||By 31.01.2020|
|Paper||First Shift||Second Shift|
|Paper-I (B.E./B.Tech)||9:30 AM to 12:30 PM||2:30 PM to 5:30 PM|
|Paper-II (B.Arch)||9:30 AM to 12:30 PM||2:30 PM to 5:30 PM|
|Paper-III (B.Planning)||------||2:30 PM to 5:30 PM|
|Both B.Arch & B.Planning||------||2:30 PM to 6:00 PM|
- Age Limit: For appearing in the JEE (Main) examination there is no age limit for the candidates. The candidates who have passed class 12th / equivalent examination in 2018, 2019 or appearing in 2020 irrespective of their age can appear in JEE (Main) examination – 2020. Any candidate fulfilling the eligibility criterion can apply for the exam irrespective of their age.
- No: of Qns: The number of questions to be asked in the exam has been reduced from 30 to 25, and out of the 25 questions, 20 will be multiple-choice, and 5 will be numerical questions.
- Type of Qns: Besides the MCQs in the paper there will be questions whose answers are to be filled as numerical values.
- For JEE Main Paper 2 (B.Arch/B.Plan), it is mandatory for the candidates to have Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry subjects.
- Aadhar card is not mandatory to apply for JEE Mains 2020 entrance exams.
- Mathematics, physics and chemistry will be given equal weightage. For every Paper, each question will be for four marks and for objective type questions, one mark will be deducted for every wrong answer while for numerical-type questions, there will be no negative marking.
- Diabetic students can take water bottle, fruits and sugar tablets inside the exam center.
For more details read the NTA Information Bulletin
So JEE aspirants, READY-GET-SET-GO!