CBSE has introduced 2 Levels of Mathematics Paper for students who are going to appear in the Class X Board exam 2020
In order to ease the pressure on lakhs of students, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has decided to introduce two levels for class 10th Maths Paper.View the CBSE Circular
This new change will be applicable for the academic session 2019-2020.
The Nomenclature for the two exams will be:Students will be provided the choice before appearing for the examinations.Note:The Standard level will be meant for students who wish to opt for Mathematics at Senior Secondary level and the Basic level would be for students who do not intend to pursue mathematics at higher levels.
1. Mathematics – Standard: For the existing level of examination
2. Mathematics – Basic: For the easier level of examination
Highlights of the Official Circular:
In case a student fails at any level of Mathematics, he/she can appear at the compartment examination as per norms of the Board according to the options given below:
- No Change in Syllabus & Internal Assessment: As per the official circular, “the syllabus, classroom teaching and internal assessment for both the levels of examination would remain the same, so that the students get an opportunity to study the whole range of topics throughout the year and are able to decide upon the level of Board examination depending upon their aptitude and abilities."
- Not applicable to the internal assessment in CBSE Class 10: The two levels of Examination will be held in 2020 for class 10th Maths Paper and the same shall not be applicable to the internal assessment in class 10.
- Not applicable for CBSE Class 9: There shall not be two levels of Assessment/Examination for class 9th.
- Procedure to opt for the paper: A student will have the right to choose between the two levels of examination at the time of submission of List of Candidates (LoC) by the affiliated school to the Board online.
Also, if a student, who have opted Mathematics-Basic and cleared the exam, he/she can opt for the Mathematics-Standard exam at the time of Compartment exams to improve his level of mathematics. After clearing the Mathematics-Standard at Compartment exam, he/she will be eligible to opt for Mathematics at Sr. Secondary level or at higher level.
|Failed in||Compartment options|
|Mathematics -Basic||Mathematics -Basic|
|Mathematics-Standard||Mathematics-Standard OR Mathematics -Basic|